Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lagoon, Trout Fishing and Bullseye

I've been spending my off time doing a lot of little tasks, you know cleaning, running errands, taking naps, spending time with friends, taking the kids to do fun stuff, and the like.  It's nice to go into the weekend already caught up so that I can truly enjoy the time off with the rest of the family.

We went to Lagoon last weekend for a family day with Fogg's work.  The kids loved it, Reed remembered it from last year.  But Nora, she just loved, loved it as she couldn't really ride things last year.  But this year, she could do pretty much all of the same rides as Reed and she had a blast.

They were both excited to go on a ride that adults couldn't do.
 off they go!


 We did the train too


It was a great time at Lagoon, we stayed until after 9pm, Nora fell asleep on my shoulder as we walked to the car.  Reed said once he was strapped in his carseat "I'm pretty much tired".  Then out he went.  Not sure we were even out of the parking lot yet!  A great time was had by all.

I have been joining Reed's class on his field trips that they take every Wednesday.  Last week was just some kickball at the park (a bit much for 5 year olds).  But this week we got to ride the bus to a Trout Farm.  Reed said as we got on the bus "isn't the bus fun!"
 Reed and his class ready to fish!

 Didn't take but 5 minutes and he caught a fish.  It flopped on the grass and both of us were too scared to pick it up!
 Reed was very upset to find out that we don't take home the fish to live at our house, but that you take home a deheaded and filleted  fish to eat.  My little animal lover, and sweet tender hearted kid did not take that well.  I don't know if he would have fished at all if he knew the ending of the fish.

After that, I met up with Fogg and two of his coworkers for range shooting lunch.  It was the first time I've ever shot a gun.  I pretty much loved it.  I have a concealed weapons permit but I've never actually shot.

 This was my first five shots at 5 yards (15 feet).  Not bad!  One bullseye and the rest on the paper.  

This was my very first shot at 10 yards (30 feet).  First shot, right in the red.  

Better watch out, I'm a pretty good shot!


No comments: