I've never been much of a reader. Until about 5 years ago. My childhood, my mom and brother read a ton, but I was never much fond of it. I would struggle through the novels that we were assigned during school. Can't say I actually read much of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" but I claim to have read it. Then right after I got married, Fogg and I were walking through Costco and I came upon "The DiVinci Code" by Dan Brown. I decided to buy it because of all the hype that he had. I read that book in like 3 days, staying up late to read just one more page. After that ended, I felt lost without a story to escape into. So I asked my mom what books I should read if this type of book was one I liked. She recommended a couple of authors and I tried them. I made a rule early on that I would immediately stop reading a book if I was not enjoying it. There is no point in wasting my time when I'm reading for pleasure. I read an author named J.D. Robb (which is actually Nora Roberts but she does a different series under a pen name). I love J.D. Robb books.
They are a series and the main character is a cop lady, named Eve, in the future (like in 2060). Somehow the world is very different just 50 years from now, like flying cars and any food can be ordered up at any time from wall units). But she lives with the richest man in the world who owns most of it, but used to be a criminal. Anyway, I love living vicariously through these books, to have anything you want whenever you want it, an endless amount of money and resources.
For a good read, check it out, you'll fall in love with the characters and the stories. Good gifts for me - hint, hint, wink, wink...
Cheers~
No comments:
Post a Comment