Monday, October 12, 2009

Non-Offensive Words That Offend

I listen to a radio show in the morning where they occasionally do a listener poll. A couple of weeks ago, they did a poll of non-offensive words that offend you. It was comical to hear what people had as words they really don't like to hear. I've been polling people in my life the same question. Most people have a word right off the bat, others need to think about it. But once the discussion starts, it usually lasts awhile, each person thinking of new words that they really don't like. Here is a list of words that people have mentioned lately:
  • Moist
  • Panty (pantyhose)
  • Puss
  • Curd
Here are some that I particularly do not like:
  • Wound
  • Engorged
What word is non-offensive that you cringe to hear?

1 comment:

The Snells said...

hey what is your email address...ill email you some tips i have found with my babysafe feeder and food mill. You can email it to me at mxpxchic1@hotmail.com or just leave it on my blog :)