Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Big Day

Today was Reed's first day at preschool. What preschool starts December 13th you ask? Well, it's just sort of a daycare that does a preschool curriculum all the time. I am starting Reed at a new daycare due to my current one closing after I had Nora. I wanted to find somewhere for Reed to get preschool type education when I go back to work. I found Children's Classic which I can bring both Reed and Nora to when I'm ready. It's also only about 8 minutes drive from my house and our neighbor attends there as well. I'm really impressed with them so far. Anyway, I thought it would be good to have Reed start going before I go back to work to help ease him (and myself) into a routine as well as give me some time 3 days a week to rest, run errands, get stuff done, etc. I'm only bringing him for the preschool hours in the morning until I go back to work, in which him and Nora will stay all day.

Anyway, today was Reed's first day there. I took a picture (or many) at the door as my parents did with me on the first day of school each year. Granted, mine were taken outside the front door (and Reed's will be too when he starts in the fall when it's nicer weather). But it happened to snow today and I wanted to get a picture of his cute new school shirt without a coat over it. He was really excited about going to preschool, he was even willing to let me take his picture (a rare occasion these days).




Today is also Nora's 2 Month birthday! I can't believe she is already 2 months old! In some ways the time has flown by and in others it seems so slow. She has had a hard time, as mentioned in previous posts, with sleeping. She will have a very fussy time at night which we deemed the "witching hour", but it will last for several - even 5. I've tried a lot of things to get her to calm down and nothing seems to do it, even holding her. I've taken her for a drive, used a vibrating chair, the swing, walking around, holding her upright, burping her more, giving medications - nothing works. We just wondered if she was a fussy baby. Then I thought that maybe she had reflux or a problem with my diet. I cut out dairy for a week and that made a small change. At her two month appointment yesterday I asked her doc about it and he thinks it's most certainly reflux. He gave me some meds for her to help and suggested I stop having acidic foods. After only four doses, she seems so much happier! After only 2 doses she went to sleep so much easier than usual! Hopefully this is the corner we needed to turn to get things on track. So now I can have dairy again, thankfully.

Here are some pictures of her today in her cute new outfit.






Also, this past weekend we went to the neighbor girl's birthday party at a place called Kangaroo Zoo. It's a warehouse full of bouncy houses of all kinds. Some with slides, some just bouncy houses, some obstacle courses, some for small kids. Reed loved it and had a blast.

Ok, gotta roll, cheers~

No comments: